Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

March for Babies - Huge Success!

Family and Friends,

The March of Dimes was a huge success. Thanks to all of your support, we collectively raised more than $2,500 to help other families. Thank you so much for the continued support.

With lots of Love!
The O'Briens

Please visit our March for Babies personal website at

www.marchforbabies.org/trinityandkinsley.

Friday May 29th

Babies Situation:

The Girls aren’t feeling well today from their immunizations. Both are running slight fevers, they are very sleepy, and somewhat whiny. Poor babies! The occupational nurse did visit them today and said that they both have low muscle tone. She said that when she stretches out their arms, they do not push back at all. Some of this might be due to how they feel but she says it is common for 24 weekers to have this. Their muscle tone should increase with time though. Trinity did gain weight today. She is now at 4 lbs 7 oz while Kinsley remains at 4 lbs 12 oz.


Parent's Thoughts:

I held both babies for a long time today. They actually showed signs that they were comforted when being held and both needed to be comforted. The occupational nurse also swaddled them with their arms out which allowed them to put their hands to their face (one way they use to console themselves). They slept like that the entire time I was there. It was really hard to leave them today knowing that they needed me. This might sound weird, but most of the time when I am holding them I feel like I am just keeping them awake but this time I felt they needed me and it felt great.

Our Daily Encouragement:

My soul finds rest in God alone; my salvation comes from him. He alone is my rock and my salvation; he is my fortress, I will never be shaken.


Psalm 62:1-2

No comments:

Post a Comment