Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

March for Babies - Huge Success!

Family and Friends,

The March of Dimes was a huge success. Thanks to all of your support, we collectively raised more than $2,500 to help other families. Thank you so much for the continued support.

With lots of Love!
The O'Briens

Please visit our March for Babies personal website at

www.marchforbabies.org/trinityandkinsley.

17 Months Old...

Babies Situation:

The babies turned 17 months on Wednesday which was also the birthday of my niece Angel who would have been 9 years old. She was born really early at 20 weeks and didn’t make it so she got to spend her birthday with Jesus in Heaven. On a lighter note, the Girls are growing bigger and getting faster! Trinity is around 19 lbs and 29 inches. Kinsley is around 18 lbs and 28.5 inches. Trinity was moved to a convertible car seat this past week – still rear facing though – since she is at the max length for the infant car seat. We’ll probably move Kinsley to the convertible in the next few weeks.

Last week, we switched them over to whole milk which wasn’t an accepted change at first but in the last 2 days the Girls are back to taking 16 oz a day. Their solid food intake is going well too. We have them eating a nice variety of foods. We’ve noticed that Trinity is a meat eater but Kinsley not so much. Trinity will eat all the meat on her plate while Kinsley will eat all her cheese and vegetables(like her Mama). Trinity is also a slower eater like her Dad but Kinsley is more like her Mama eating quickly always waiting for more. It’s so cute. Kinsley will tap her fingers on her tray like she’s bored. She’s somewhat impatient – another trait she has inherited from meL

Sleep wise, the Girls are doing better. With all the changes this summer(bottle to sippy cup, formula to milk, feeding schedule), they have struggled with sleeping through the night. I think they are also teething right now which doesn’t help either. We have our good nights and our bad nights. I’m sure we are on the path to more good nights than bad since we are done with making any major changes for now.

Developmentally, the Girls are running(toddler style). They can make it from one side of the room to the other in seconds. I know if I open a bathroom door or their bedroom closet door, my time is limited before both of them are in there looking for trouble. We’ve been practicing scribbling with crayons which more crayon eating occurs than actual coloring but hey, you have to start somewhere. At this age, I wouldn’t expect anything less. The Girls have also learned to hold spoons. They love this!! Every day, I let them feed themselves yogurt or pudding. For the most part, the food makes it into their mouth. I think Trinity is going to be a leftie like her Mama and Kinsley appears to be right handed like Daddy. Time will tell though. Both Girls can show you where their belly is and Mama’s nose. Not only can they point to my nose but they will even pick it for me if I let them(which I don’t). They have definitely figured out where their noses are and seem to only stick their finger up it when someone is looking. It makes me giggle every time.

Parent’s Thoughts:

This toddler stage is awesome!! Don’t get me wrong that it is a lot of work but watching them grow and learn has been a true blessing. We love teaching them new things or being surprised by them doing something new that they had learned that day. You should see how the Girls light up when they see their Daddy. They both give him this extra special smile that no one else gets. It melts my heart to watch! There is definitely a special connection there. Keith is a great Father and spends a lot of quality time with them. I love all the hugs I get in passing. I sit on the floor as they play and in passing, they stop, climb on my lap, we’ll sing a few songs and give some hugs and kisses, and then they are off to play some more. This happens over and over. I couldn’t ask for anything more.

Our Encouragement:


Surely goodness and love will follow me all the days of my life, and I will dwell in the house of the Lord forever.

Psalm 23:6

2 comments:

  1. i definitely bookmark your post and will give links to my friends as we all are a great lovers of blogs and always ready to read interesting and informative blogs.
    HealthCare CPA

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really your post is very interesting and informative.I ll surely keep visiting.
    Gold & silver chain by the inch

    ReplyDelete