Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

March for Babies - Huge Success!

Family and Friends,

The March of Dimes was a huge success. Thanks to all of your support, we collectively raised more than $2,500 to help other families. Thank you so much for the continued support.

With lots of Love!
The O'Briens

Please visit our March for Babies personal website at

www.marchforbabies.org/trinityandkinsley.

1 Year Old - Week of March 15th.

Babies Situation:

It was a big week for the Girls. They are officially 1 year old!! We had a very intimate celebration with my Parents, the girls Nanny (Nancy), her daughter, and one of the girls NICU nurses (Andrea). It was perfect! We were able to focus on the Girls all day long! A big party is soon to come!! The girls also celebrated St. Patty's Day in style! Grammy O'Brien (even though she is more Italian than Irish) sent the cutest outfits that the girls wore all day.


Developmentally, the Girls are doing great! They pull up on everything and are cruising back and forth across the baby gate and couch. A few days ago, we got them a toy that they can hold onto while walking. As they get bigger, they will be able to ride it. Julie, the occupational therapist, says that they are doing so well that she is ready to decrease her weekly visits to twice/month but our pediatrician has asked that she continue to see them weekly until we know there are no issues with eating solids.


In 3 weeks, Julie will re-evaluate to see if every other week is the right call. Some new things the Girls are doing...We have caught Trinity licking the wall a few times and if Kinsley hears the word "no" it only motivates her to move faster at what she plans to do. Trinity's favorite toy right now is the piano and Kinsley is loving baby dolls!!

Parent's Thoughts:

I have to admit, I was somewhat afraid of what emotions would come with the Girls actual birthday. For sure I would be thankful and happy that we made it and that the Girls were doing so well but part of me was afraid that some of those other memories would creep in of how I felt throughout the NICU stay. With God's Grace, I woke up the morning of their 1 year birthday feeling as if I was free of those memories. Thank you God!! Ever since, I have not thought once of them. I am thoroughly enjoying every minute I get to spend with my babies. They are growing up so fast that I don't want any of it to be taken for granted. Happy Easter!! I hope everyone remembers the true meaning of this weekend!!!

Our Encouragement:


From the fullness of his grace we have received one blessing after another.

John 1:16

1 comment:

  1. It is sooo awesome to see these pictures and how far they have come! They truly are a miracle! And God has heard every prayer!
    hugs
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete